Photography and Thoughts
Reaons why I am finding gardening good for my body and mind:
1. Tidying dead plants and natural mess – real Spring cleaning
2. Fresh air, and the fragrance of new flowers
3. Seeing the colours of new blooms – life wins!
4. Space to think – being reminded of life outside the everyday bubble
5. Encouraging growth after the Winter season
6. The sounds of birdsong instead of ringtones etc
7. Calming and theraputic – finding a natural rhythm
8. Manual work is good exercise – and eventually seeing the literal fruits of your labours
9. Getting some sunshine – feeling warmth in the bones, and seeing natural light
10. Controlling / working with your own bit of nature
So I suppose the mind is a bit like a garden. It needs some care and attention (and stronger sunlight) after a Winter period, and then it will bloom and blossom and be fruitful – it can come back to life even when you thought everything had died and faded away. There is always hope.